What is a Faith Blitz Build?
- Churches and businesses come together to build a Habitat for Humanity house. Together they raise the funds to build a Habitat home—$75,000 and provide the labor and prayer support to build a house in partnership with a local family.
- The idea of going out into the community to serve others, in the way that Jesus’ apostles served, has attracted individuals in many churches. With Habitat for Humanity, churches can share God’s love by building houses.
The Church Provides
- Prayer—a central pillar of support for the families and the home building process is met when churches pray
- Communications—inviting the congregation to participate
- Volunteers—10 volunteers are needed per 4 or 8 hour shift and will be supervised by the Volunteer Coordinator and Construction Director
- Funding—we ask the churches to make a financial contribution (that can be fund raised throughout the year) to cover the cost of construction
The Church Receives
- Opportunity—a concrete way to put their faith into action. Working on this project allows people of faith to be the body of Christ in the world.
- Revitalization— churches have experienced growth in membership and an increase in giving due to the excitement of an Apostle Build.
- Team Building—volunteering on the build site is an effective way to engage Small groups, Sunday School classes, Youth Groups, College and Career groups, etc. and to create a strong sense of community.
- Unity— an Apostles Build project also has the potential to build community among churches that have never worked together before.
- Publicity—there are many opportunities for churches to receive media exposure from Habitat’s media partners and opportunities to network in the community.
- Celebration—the opportunity for the entire church to be a part of the best part of Habitat, a home dedication. The community gathers to pray for the new homeowner and present them with a Bible and the key to their new home and welcome them to their life as a homeowner.
- Outreach—interaction with the Habitat families and nearby community members by being the hands and feet of Christ.